Vision and beliefs
Enquire Now About Membership
FosterTalk is 100% focused on providing independent support to foster carers
- We understand that foster care households should be fully supported in the valuable, and often isolating, work they do. That’s why our memberships offer the most specialised range of support, from legal and financial difficulties to emotional support.
- We believe that Fostering Service Providers have a duty to provide foster carers with access to independent support in order to ensure they stay healthy and motivated and feel valued.
- We strive to offer the highest quality independent and professional support to our members. Our aim is to work in partnership with Fostering Service Providers to enhance the in-house support that our partners provide for their foster arers.
Our values and beliefs
FosterTalk works to a set of values and beliefs that are at the heart of how we provide services to foster carers. These values also represent the attitudes and behaviours that our staff are expected to demonstrate in their day-to-day work. Partnership working is at the core of these values and of the services we provide.
FosterTalk’s values and beliefs can be summarised as follows:
- We believe that everyone has the right to feel valued and enabled to achieve their goals; that everyone has the right to feel safe and to be offered protection from abuse, harassment or discrimination.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect and to express their views and opinions; that they should be listened to and their views and opinions received in a non-judgmental way.
- We believe that all our dealings with commissioners and service users should be conducted with honesty, openness and integrity, and that services offered should be responsive, professional and flexible according to the wishes of the service user/member.
- We believe that foster carers are entitled to independent support at times of conflict with their fostering service, regardless of whether or not they are deemed to be “at fault” and that the services provided to them should be confidential, should empower them to express their views and to have their voice heard in the systems and processes in which they are involved.
- We believe that the welfare of the child is paramount and that by providing a high quality comprehensive package of independent support to foster carers, in recognition of the essential work that they do, they will be enabled and encouraged to provide high quality care to the children they look after, and that fostering services will see an increase in recruitment and retention of foster carers.
- We believe in opening lines of communication that best meet the needs of our service users, whether that is by telephone, sms, email, website, online member’s forums or Facebook. All communications are treated as confidential and responded to appropriately. FosterTalk welcomes all comments about our services, whether positive or negative.
- We believe that all those who work for FosterTalk are accountable for their actions to colleagues, clients and members. FosterTalk encourages feedback and facilitates evaluation and continuous monitoring of all our services in order to ensure that this is received. Feedback is used to inform policy and practice review and for staff learning and development.
FosterTalk Customer Charter
To access the Customer Charter please download here or telephone or email us to request a copy.
FosterTalk Representations and Complaints Policy and Procedure
To access the Representations and Complaints Policy and Procedure please click here or telephone or email us to request a copy.
For more information or to arrange a meeting, please contact FosterTalk today.