To find out more about training, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 758 5013!
Supervision skills training is aimed at supervising social workers who may be new to the role or for experienced SSW who may require refresher training and an opportunity to reflect on current practice. These are the learning outcomes for the course:
- Understand the regulatory context and purpose of Foster Carer supervision
- Reflect on issues and dilemmas inherent in Foster Carer supervision
- Understand the importance of own practice in effective supervision and especially how this can positively or negatively impact achieving good outcomes
- Learn how best to manage performance and capability issues in foster care
- Develop tools and skills to address and resolve these issues