Face to face support
Enquire Now About Membership
Our Face to Face support service FISS (Foster Carers Independent Support Service) is a dedicated service that ensures a joined up approach between the agency, foster carer, and the crucial support that is required during investigations into allegations and serious complaints.
FISS aims to raise standards of practice across the fostering sector by providing independent professional support to foster carers when and where they need it most.
Commissioning FISS will vastly improve the retention of foster carers who have faced an allegation or serious complaint.
Watch the videos below to find out more about the benefits of the FISS service:
FISS will deliver a cost effective solution in assisting Fostering Service Providers to provide their carers with independent support during difficult situations.
- FosterTalk is a leading provider of independent support to foster carers.
- FISS enables fostering services to meet the requirements for independent support under National Minimum Standards and Best Practice Guidance.
- FISS delivers a cost effective solution in assisting Fostering Service Providers to provide their carers with independent support through spot purchase or contractual arrangements.
- The FISS Service is quality assured via regular monitoring and reviews.
- FISS assists with communication during difficult, emotional and conflict fuelled times, and includes advice, information, advocacy and/or mediation as required.
- FISS demonstrates your commitment to your foster carers and the work that they do, thereby enhancing recruitment and retention of foster carers.
- FISS Advisors have extensive fostering experience and relevant qualifications, and are managed by a professionally qualified and experienced manager.
- FISS can be spot purchased by Fostering Service Providers at competitive hourly rates.
- FISS can be spot purchased at any time and we guarantee a response within 24 hours of receipt of a referral, and the allocation of a locally based, trained and experienced FISS Advisor. Please contact us for further information, or use the online referral form below.
Call us today to find out more on 01527 836 910 or complete our online enquiry form.
The impact of an allegation on fostering services
Managing foster carers who are going through an allegation can also be challenging and stressful for social workers too. You can read an article on the impact of stress on social workers surrounding allegation here.