LIFE STORY WORK TRAINING FOR STAFF
To find out more about training, email email@example.com or call 0121 758 5013!
FosterTalk offers training to social workers, support workers and social work managers on conducting Life Story work with children and young people. The course is aimed at identifying the key planning, approach and skills required to effectively carry out this crucial work. The course will present materials and information on how to facilitate work with young people in an appropriate manner and emphasises process as well as the outcome.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to apply learning to:
- A theoretical understanding of life story work
- Using a range of approaches to life story work both textual and relational
- Developing effective direct work skills relevant to life story work
- Explaining difficult life stories to children and young people
- Contribute to the organisation’s role as a corporate parent
- Practice with integrity and respect in accordance with DFE Knowledge and Skills Statement