Getting Started

Foster carers are classed as self-employed, and must register as such with HMRC.  The tax year runs from 6 April to the following 5 April.  If you were an approved foster carer within a tax year, you must register with HMRC and complete a tax return for that period.

FosterTalk members can sign in to the website for more information.