FosterTalk staff were invited to take part in a Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) course in October and we now have 14 fully trained mental health first aiders supporting our members.
The course ran over 2 days and was licensed and accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
Our MHFA’s now have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a rage of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Increased interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- The knowledge on how to support someone who may be experiencing a mental health condition to start their journey of recovery
We take the mental health of our teams just as seriously as their physical health and this is great step in making sure we can support all of our teams and members in the right way.
Whether your role involves working with adults or children, the Mental Health First Aider qualification will ensure you are prepared to support someone who may be experiencing difficult feelings or mental distress. The Adult or Youth Mental Health First Aid programme is a great way for you to increase your knowledge and confidence when dealing with mental health issues. If you would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org