FISS AND FISS PLUS SUPPORT
Our face to face support service ensures a joined up approach between the fostering service, foster carer and
the crucial support that is required during allegations and serious complaints.
FISS aims to raise standards of practice across the fostering sector by providing independent professional support to foster carers when they need it most.
Commissioning FISS will vastly improve your retention of foster carers who have faced an allegation or serious complaint.
Support is delivered in line with National Minimum Standards (22.12) in England and in line with best practice guidance in the rest of the UK.
- Meet the requirements for NMS 22.12 and best practice guidance.
- Assist with communication during difficult, emotional and conflict-fuelled times.
- Fully managed by professionally qualified and experienced social workers.
- Cost-effective spot purchase or contracted service with a guaranteed response within 24 hours of receipt of referral.
- Advisors are independent of the fostering service.
- Support includes personal visits to te carers home if requested.
- The advisor will provide advice, support and mediation as required.
- Support provided is confidential, responsive and personal.
- Advisors will support carers at meetings and panels as appropriate.
- Carers feel less anxious by receiving objective support and guidance.
- The advisor will liaise with key professionals as required.
- Carers will feel more positive and in control of their situation.
- The advisor will assist with written representation for review and panel meetings.
Sign up for FISS here
Managing service needs with limited resources can be a challenge for any fostering organisation, no matter how big or small.
FosterTalk’s FISS PLUS service is unique and developed to provide fostering organisations with choices around how they utilise their resources.
What is the cost of out of area social work to your organisation in terms of time, budget and resources?
Fostering services are able to utilise FISS PLUS to cover out of area visits nationwide, reducing costs of mileage and overnight stays for employees and also affording staff time in the office which can be priceless.
BENEFITS OF FISS PLUS
- Experienced and qualified Independent Social Workers – all compliance checked, and subject to FosterTalk internal quality assurance and supervisory processes.
- Save on Recruitment fees for temporary posts – save on the expense of recruiting for temporary posts and remove the uncertainty of recruiting through agencies.
- Nationwide coverage – our advisors are matched to your geographic requirements.
- Set up and go – use as much or as little of the service as you want and tailor it to your exact needs.
- Remove uncertainty – a readily available workforce is on hand, all of whom are highly trained, qualified and experienced with a proven track record of providing excellent results.
Some examples of the bespoke support we can offer include (but are not limited to):
- Statutory visits for foster carers and for children placed out of county.
- Assist with Ofsted inspections – some authorities and IFAs we work with have achieved ‘Outstanding’.
- Carrying out Independent Review role.
- Specialist behaviour management support for foster carers.
- Carrying out second opinion visits on fostering assessments.
- Mentoring of foster carers.