Anti-racism and BLM training for Foster Carers
FosterTalk has partnered with About Face – the leading provider of anti-racism resources and training, to deliver a brand new course: Anti-racism and BLM training for Foster Carers
In this half-day course, attendees will be able to develop their own understanding of the internal world and the emotional struggles of children of colour, and most importantly how to support them.
Carers will learn how to identify social constructs that impact children of colour’s self-esteem and what they can do to build emotional resilience within the family dynamic.
- Explore the issues relating to power and equality in society and education settings.
- Gangs and identity – what black children (especially boys) need from their caregiver in terms of supporting them to navigate through the various elements regarding societal influences.
- The psychology behind children joining gang culture and how to manage your relationship with a child who is influenced by gang culture.
- The mental health of young people of colour and how to keep them safe.
- How foster carers can help children and young people make sense of everyday discrimination.